Looking for an early fantasy MVP? How about Brewers SS Jean Segura, who's batting .368 with six home runs and 13 stolen bases. Based on draft position, he's been killing it.
First pitch: We've got 7:05 p.m. ET starts in both leagues.
Interleague DH issues: The Indians are in Philadelphia, but with Lonnie Chisenhall having been sent to the minors, Mark Reynolds has taken over at third base. Their 1B/OF/DH logjam is less crowded, and Ryan Raburn being the likely odd man out hurts far fewer fantasy owners. The Padres and Giants will use designated hitters to be determined in their visits to AL parks.
Streaming starters: Travis Wood's stellar outing raised our record to 25-15 on the season. Tonight's pick is the resurgent Scott Kazmir (owned in 13.6 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Phillies, while Wednesday's selection is Cincinnati's Mike Leake (1.7 percent owned) against the Marlins in Miami.
On to the news:
- Yankees OF Curtis Granderson got another hit in a Triple-A rehab game last night, and tweeted later that he was "in the car on the way back to NY." Assuming that Granderson makes his 2013 debut tonight against Felix Hernandez, who comes out of the Yankee lineup? Ichiro Suzuki would be the smart choice to stay benched most of the time, but maybe hot-hitting Vernon Wells will get a rest tonight against the right-handed King Felix.
- Tigers OF Austin Jackson has been placed on the DL with a low-grade hamstring injury that shouldn't keep him out for too long. Rookie Avisail Garcia has been called up to take some of Jackson's playing time, and will be of interest to AL-only owners thanks to his 1.076 minor-league OPS this season.
- Nationals OF Bryce Harper received 11 stitches under his chin after crashing into the outfield fence last night at Dodger Stadium. Harper left the game, but later tested negative for a concussion and is day-to-day.
- Speaking of the Dodgers, they still haven't announced their Wednesday starter, but Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times is pretty sure it will be Zack Greinke. Greinke's teammate, Josh Beckett, left Monday's start with a "tweaked" groin and a bad case of suck.
- Astros 2B Jose Altuve is day-to-day with a dislocated jaw, and that's a baseball injury I've never heard before. Teammate Bud Norris left Monday's start with a back injury, and his status is TBD.
- I tried to tell you that Royals manager Ned Yost loves OF Jarrod Dyson, who led off again last night. Dyson stole 30 bases last season in a part-time role, and is now worth a look in anything deeper than a 12-team mixed league.
- A's OF Josh Reddickmight need wrist surgery? Ugh.
- Aaron Hicks!
- Pirates 2B Neil Walker came off the DL last night and batted fifth. Start him if that's what you were doing before his injury.
- Rick Ankiel is now part of a center-field platoon for the Mets. If this matters to you in any mixed league, you're in trouble.
- Orioles SP Wei-Yin Chen (oblique) is probably headed for the DL.
- OF Jason Heyward apparently won't come off the DL until Friday at the earliest.
See you back here tomorrow morning.